Are You an Investor or a Speculator?
- If your average holding time is measured in days, weeks or months?
- If you own stocks worth less than $5.00/share?
- If your average dividend yield is less than 1%?
- If your opinion of fixed-income investments is that it is for sissies?
- If you trade daily or weekly?
- If you think index funds are for losers?
- If capital losses are an important part of your tax return?
- If most of your investments are in one sector?
- If you think that utility and financial stocks are boring?
- If your biggest holdings are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange?
- If most of your investment information comes from chat rooms, television gurus, chart diviners and your Uncle Albert?
- If most of your U.S. stocks have 4-letter symbols?
- If you are expecting a margin call?
- If a day without Maria Bartiroma is like a day without sunshine?
- And, finally, if you picked up this magazine only because all the copies of Investor's Business Daily were gone?
You might be a speculator!
Submitted by David Stanley